MISSION STATEMENT: The Box 414 Association is an all volunteer, non-profit organization formed in 1946. Our mission is to provide rehabilitation services, through our canteen and other rehab vehicles, to the Baltimore City Fire and Police Departments. We operate at major emergencies and special events or as requested by the fire and police departments.
The Baltimore City Fire Museum is located at 414 Old Town Mall at the intersection of Gay, Orleans and Ensor Streets. It has been operated by the Box 414 Association since their taking possession of the building in 1979. The museum is located in the former quarters of Baltimore City Engine 6. The building, itself, is of historic significance. It was constructed by the Independent Hose Company in 1853 and, in 1859, was incorporated into the ‘new’ paid fire department of Baltimore City. Read More
Address & Contact Information
414 Old Town Mall, Baltimore, MD 21202 | (410)727-2414
On Sunday, February 7, 1904, at 10:48 AM, automatic alarm #854 was received from the John E. Hurst Co. located on German St. (now Redwood St.) between Hopkins Place and Liberty Street. A response of one Engine, one Truck, a District Chief and a Salvage Corps Wagon were assigned. Learn More